Tuesday, February 5, 2013

DAY 11: Filming Eve

I really hope my cast/crew appreciate me braving the elements to make sure we know exactly where we're shooting, even if it means making huge fashion fopas and getting Niagara-like amounts of mucus in my balaclava. But don't let's start.

We start shooting tomorrow and it will be the busiest day of all, doing almost twice as many shots than on Thu & Fri. The largest amount of cast will also be on hand. At one point, there will be 5 women dressed like this. Along with cast/crew, I'm told the local news is coming by as well as random fans & onlookers. It'll be a long, crazy night. I apologize now to the crew, but IT GETS BETTER the next two days. Why pack it all into three days? Purely financial reasons. In shoots like this, I use my "good enough" approach.

Today was jam packed getting ready for tomorrow. I stopped by Ace Hardware to get some supplies when I heard an old man complaining he had to come all the way from West Duluth! Buddy, I came all the way from California to go to this Ace Hardware. I went to the grocery store & Walgreens & the post office & ended the outdoor day, going along the lakewalk looking for "the bench" where our lead sings the title song. It was bloody cold.

I'm afraid I'm going to have cut tonight's entry short. Tomorrow will likely be short too. I have to finally do what I'm here to do and that requires rest. My curlers are in and my cucumber mask is on (Hey, I'm gonna be on tv ok!) Goodnight.


2 comments:

  1. Hey I noticed you were in the Duluth News Tribune again (link below). I only check the paper online daily to make sure my name isn't in the obituaries. I'm not kidding, once when I was sixteen everyone at school was telling me I was dead. I was confused. Sure enough Mary S. Day died that past Saturday, she had left a cat, several people that had elderly names like Evelyn and Ethel, and of course, she left me my name.

    And I kept it, for now.

    Anyhow, I enjoy reading your blog because I'm all stalkerish and I like reading about your frozen tundra adventures. Can't wait to see how everything turns out. What news station will be there? Have you been interviewed by Dan Hanger of Fox 21 News yet? He's pretty amusing.

    Alright, peace out boyscout.

    http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/257833/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, can't wait to see the Carmen Miranda scenes! I actually played a scene as Kate in The Taming of the Shrew (yes, Shakespeare...many years ago) in a Carmen Miranda outfit. It was hilarious and I wish I could've kept the costume, at least the hat.

    ReplyDelete