Monday, February 11, 2013

DAY 17: The Beginning Of The Ending Of The Whole Shabang

I leave Wednesday, just when I started to get used to it all. It's going to be weird not wearing 12 pounds of pants. My car is currently surrounded by snow. Not exactly sure what to do about that. I have till Wednesday morning to figure it out. Due to it's condition, I took the bus over to the University of Minnesota Duluth for my last scheduled interview. Take a listen. The bus was on time and quick. I give my brief experience with Duluth Transit the Thumbs Up and I'm sorry for putting all my coins in at one time and clogging it up.

I was treated to lunch by my friend Deven who took me up the shore to the New Scenic Cafe. Delicious but we ordered far too much. The best part was the hot chocolate in giant steins. Go there for that at least. Also, at the end of the meal, they give you a little book where you can write your thoughts. Naturally, I wrote "Duluth Is Horrible" and signed it. I also came across the best piece of poetry I've seen here, ripped it out from the book, and am now going to transcribe it for you:

"Well here we are 9:16
What day is it?
LET'S GO SWIMMING WITHOUT OUR CLOTHES
Yes, I have three chickens; Penny, Juama, and Big Bad Blackpants.
I call them "big dummies" and "dumb animals" about 63 times a day.
WE COULDN'T FIGURE OUT THE FAKE "WOOD BURNING STOVE" AT NORTHSHORE COTTAGES
When you see a deer, it feels like it was there just for you
And everything's going to be OK.
YES FISH DO HAVE BONES
The artwork is not by seven & eight year olds. 
Like and I'm not even like an art major OMG
WE LOVE YOU NO MATTER WHAT YOU'VE DONE. WE ALWAYS WILL."
- Chuck Chuck Bo Buck Banana Fanna Fo 2/10/13

Tonight is my official last night in my apartment. I'm kicked out tomorrow. I will the miss flower chair, the portrait of Jesus by the toilet, the free cereal, and the mysterious Channel 117. I asked the owner what it was and she said she was a pro domina and to torture her clients, she ties them up and makes them watch it. That explains the gimp chained up behind her clothes in the closet. Doesn't seem to make much sense to let him loose now.

With tomorrow's last day in Duluth also comes tomorrow's last official blog post. I will keep up writing as necessary, occasionally writing "Yep, I edited today. It looks ok." I know a few of you have become obsessed with the mundane details of my life and I'm sorry I won't be filling you in on those notes back in California. Considering doing an audiobook of this blog, might be a nice compliment to the film to include on the DVD. (It's only 20 minutes. Might as well fill the damn thing up.). It's only 5:41p, there is still some trouble I could get into before I leave...



No comments:

Post a Comment